Monday

George Murchinson

Tyrese Darnell Gibson was chosen to play this satire character because of his cocky appearance and his skills as an actor.
George Murchinsom is the most awful character throughout the play, he is full of arrogance and cockiness. He is a wealthy African American who pretends to have Beneatha as his lovely, quiet girlfriend, however Beneatha detest him and does not like his way of viewing the world.

In act2/Scene2 Beneatha and George are in the house while the family is packing everything to move.
Benatha: I'm trying to talk to you
George: We always talk
Beneatha: Yes and I love to talk
George: I know it and I don't mind it sometimes..I want you to cut it out. see- The moody stuff, I mean. I don't like it. you are a nice-looking girl..all over. That's all you need, honey, forget the atmosphere. Guys aren't going to go for the atmosphere-they are going to go for what they see. Be glad for that. Drop the Garbo routine. It does not go with you...........

George Murchinson is not interested in a womens' intellectual perspectives, he is interested in having a wonderful time with a decent girl with a nice body. Meaning that sexual pleasure is what it matter in his mind.

1 comment: